According to IranianPsychologist.org, psychology is the study of behavior and the mind. The mind is highly complex, and conditions that relate to it can be hard to treat. Thought processes, emotions, memories, dreams, perceptions, and so on cannot be seen physically, like a skin rash or heart defect. A person with a condition that affects their mental health can benefit from assessment and treatment with a psychologist.
Iranian psychologists help a wide range of people and can treat many kinds of problems. Some people may talk to a psychologist because they have depression, anxiety or anger management problems for a long time. Iranian psychologists see a variety of people for all sorts of reasons including marital and family problems. Or, they want help for a chronic condition that is interfering with their lives or physical health. Others may have short-term problems they want help navigating, such as feeling overwhelmed by a new job or grieving the death of a family member. Iranian psychologists can help people learn to cope with stressful situations, overcome addictions, manage their chronic illnesses and break past the barriers that keep them from reaching their goals.
Are psychologists and Psychiatrists the same?
Psychiatrists and psychologists are different types of doctors trained to help you deal with mental health issues. Both are there to solve your problems. They aim to provide you with the means to manage the issues in your everyday life. Persian psychologists have a doctoral degree in an area of psychology, the study of the mind and human behavior. They’re not medical doctors. An Iranian psychologist can have a PhD in philosophy or a PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology. Typically, they do 1-2 years of internship. Unlike psychiatrists, psychologists are also trained in giving psychological tests like IQ tests or personality tests.
Top 5 widely-known fields of psychology:
- Clinical Psychology: This treatment-oriented branch of psychology deals with scientific ways of handling psychological problems. Also called counseling psychology or psychotherapy, it focuses on the prevention, understanding and cure of psychological issues by way of psycho-therapeutic treatment.
- Experimental psychology: Experimental psychology examines relationships between human behavior and the mind. Experimental psychology is centered on fact-based, scientific research and experimentation. Therefore, experimental psychologists manipulate research variables in order to discover relationships between cognition and behavior.
- Cognitive psychology: Cognitive psychology is the scientific study of the mind as an information processor. Cognitive psychologists try to build up cognitive models of the information processing that goes on inside people’s minds, including perception, attention, language, memory, thinking, and consciousness.
- Social Psychology: Social Psychology is mostly focused on the psychological aspects of individuals in a community environment which explores characteristics such as interdependence, adaptation, diplomacy, empowerment, social justice, and so on. It is also referred to as critical psychology.
- Biopsychology: Biopsychology studies how biological processes influence behaviors, feelings and thoughts. Alternative names for this subject include physiological psychology and behavioral neuroscience. Biopsychology combines biological science with the study of psychology.