Home gardeners who produce this popular plant often divide their extra product between friends and family. In 2015, a German couple got some home-made green home-grown homemade from their neighbors. They prepared zucchini for dinner, but their food eventually had a bitter taste. The couple felt sick at that night and suffered severe digestive symptoms. They went to the hospital and doctors recognized their problem as severe toxicity. This poisoning was caused by the toxic substance cocurbitacin found in vegetables of the cottage cheese family. The bitterness of their food was an indication of the presence of this poison. One of them who had been eaten less bitterly due to the bitter taste, but another who had completely eaten his diet was lost.